We predicted his break-out season and this is only the start of a glorious career. His rookie cards are a must-have as the ROI on them will be huge!
SHOP THE BEST VLADIMIR GUERRERO ROOKIE CARDS
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (3/16/1999) was signed by the Toronto Blue Jays back in 2015 for $3.9 million (he was the 7th-ranked international prospect at the time).
Vlad Jr. is the son of the legendary Vladimir Guerrero who was a nine-time All-Star and 2004 American League Most Valuable Player… he has some big shoes to fill but so far he has shown the ability to do just that and then some.
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has been called the best prospect ever as he was known for his uncanny plate discipline and lack of holes as a hitter. He also has the ability to spray the ball to any part of the park and humongous raw power.
Best Vlad Jr. Rookie Cards
Being known as the best prospect of all time he has a ton of rookie cards dating all the way back to 2016 (similar to the Fernando Tatis Jr. rookie card).
Below are our top 3 Vladimir Guerrero rookie cards for investment purposes.
2016 Vladimir Guerrero Jr. Bowman Prospect RC #BP55
It’s hard to believe that back in 2016 this guy was on the radar of baseball card companies… but then when you look at his last name it makes sense.
The 2016 Vlad Jr. Bowman Chrome Prospects card is an easy money-make if Vlad Jr. goes on to have the career that many pundits expect.
Numbered #BP55 the card shows Vlad Jr. destroying the baseball as it goes over the wall for a homer… this is a must-have card for baseball card investors who believe the hype… and we do 🙂
Parallels: Purple Refractors /250, Blue Refractors /150, Green Refractors /99, Gold Refractors /50, Orange Refractors /25, Red Refractors /5, Printing Plates Black 1/1, Printing Plates Cyan 1/1, Printing Plates Magenta 1/1, Printing Plates Yellow 1/1, Superfractors 1/1
2019 Vladimir Guerrero Jr. Topps Chrome Update RC #21 (SHOP NOW)
Topps has a number of Vlad Jr. rookie cards but out of the bunch, this was one of our favorites. The card is one of the more expensive of his base rookie cards but is still very reasonable at current prices.
Number #21 the card shows Vlad Jr. calmly throwing the ball back into the infield wearing the classic blue color Toronto Blue Jays Jersey (one of the best in the game).
Another great Vlad Jr. rookie card that will have an ROI close to the 2016 Bowman Chrome.
Parallels: Pink Refractor /250, X-Fractor /199, Purple /175, Blue /150, Green /99, Gold /50, Orange /25, Red /5, SuperFractor 1/1, Printing Plates 1/1
Auto Parallels: X-Fractor /125, Gold /50, Orange /25, Red /5, SuperFractor 1/1
2019 Vladimir Guerrero Jr. Topps No Number (SHOP NOW)
Here is the Vlad Jr. rookie card that could surpass the 2016 Bowman Chrome RC in terms of ROI… actually it could blow it out of the water if things work out correctly.
The card has no number and shows Vladimir Guerrero Jr. blasting the living daylights out of the ball… bye-bye.
The Ronald Acuna Jr. Bats Down Topps rookie card is the reason we are so high on this Vlad Jr. RC.
If you look at the ROI of the Acuna Jr. Bats Down card over the last 2 years it will blow your mind… if Vlad Jr. lives up to expectations this No Number variation card could see a similar ROI to the Bats Down Acuna Jr… we love this card as a speculative investment with a huge upside.
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. Rookie Card Value
The value of Vlad Jr.’s rookie cards is slightly undervalued based on his superstar potential. If he breaks out in 2020 his rookie card prices will soar.
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. Rookie Card Checklist
- 2015 Elite Extra Edition Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #169
- 2015 Panini Contenders International Ticket Autograph Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #12
- 2016 Bowman Chrome Prospect Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #BP55
- 2016 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autograph Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #CPA-VG
- 2016 Bowman Platinum Top Prospects Autograph Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #TPA-VG
- 2017 Bowman’s Best Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #TP33
- 2018 Donruss Optic Rated Prospect Signatures Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC
- 2018 Flawless Patch Autograph /25 Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #PA-VGJ
- 2018 Leaf Prospect Autographs Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC
- 2019 Bowman Chrome Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #1
- 2019 Bowman Platinum SP Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #27
- 2019 Donruss Optic Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #64
- 2019 Topps Finest Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #101
- 2019 Topps Chrome Update Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #21
- 2019 Topps No Number Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC
- 2019 Topps Chrome Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #201
- 2019 Topps Allen & Ginter Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #278
- 2019 Topps Living Set Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #179
- 2019 Topps Heritage Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #504
- 2019 Topps Update Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #US62
- 2019 Topps Series 2 SP Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC
- 2019 Topps Factory Set Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #700
- 2019 Topps Diamond Icons Auto Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC
- 2019 Topps Museum Collection Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #100
- 2019 Topps Stadium Club Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #301
- 2019 Topps Tribute RC /435 Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #19R-11
- 2019 Topps Definitive Collection Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC Auto 1/1
- 2019 Topps Now Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #137
- 2019 Topps Throwback Thursday Set 18 Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #103
- 2019 Topps Mystery Redemption Auto Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC
- 2019 Immaculate Collection RC Autograph Patch /99 Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #20
- 2019 Leather & Lumber Auto Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #137
- 2019 Panini Prizm Rookie Autograph Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #RA-VG
- 2019 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autograph Vladimir Guerrero Jr. RC #CPA-VGJ
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. Buyers Guide and Investment Advice
When Vlad Jr. was called up in 2019 it was a slow start as he struggled to catch up to major league pitching. As the season went on he started to show flashes of his potential and ended up with a pretty good stat line (464 at-bats, .272 average, 69 RBIs, and a .772 OPS).
Investment Rating: 8.9 out of 10
Card Ownership: Two (2) 2016 Bowman Chrome, Six (6) 2019 Topps NNO Variation
Our Top Pick: 2019 Vlad Jr. Topps No Number
Best Card for Smaller Bankrolls: N/A since none of his rookie cards are that expensive
Also, remember his Home Run Derby performance where he airmailed a min-blowing 91 balls out of Progressive Field in Cleveland before being taken down by fellow rookie phenom Pete Alonso in the finals.
Many are calling for a monster season from Vlad Jr. in 2020 and we tend to agree. He should be able to increase every major batting number and remember he is surrounded by a very solid lineup that should offer protection and a ton of RBI opportunities.
2020 may be a super short season but it also may be the year that Vlad Jr. breakouts… in a BIG way.